Job ID: R12831 Strategic Analytics Consultant (Business Performance Sr. Analyst) (Open)
Summary:The Business Performance Senior Analyst provides an overall and ongoing assessment of the line of business (LOB) and provides performance analytic and consultancy services to business partners. Provides deep expertise and analytic insights that prepare division leadership for enterprise level reviews. Monitors company performance against the profit and growth plan and recommends initiatives to close gaps and build on strengths. Provides divisional leadership with the information and recommendations needed for long range strategic planning and short term initiative execution.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading large complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex financial or business analysis and communicating findings to company leadership and a variety of audiences to enable decision making.
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated experience in business planning, forecasting, modeling and analysis utilizing various methods, tools and techniques.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Additional Job Information:
- Depending on experience, candidates may be considered at the analyst level
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Relocation assistance is available
Preferred candidates will have experience in one or more of the following:
- Completes performance and analysis on behalf of Strategic Business Unit (SBU) teams as warranted and needed to address business results. Completes business reviews reflecting business results, including the main drivers of said results, the consequence of inaction and the forecast of future results. Partners with teams during the annual Profit and Growth planning cycle; provides teams with the necessary information to develop the profit and growth plans. Attends SBU meetings regularly or as needed by the division.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert representing the line in projects or initiatives sponsored by other divisions. (i.e. changes to performance measures such as Policy Retention or Sales Production reporting).Ensures that all initiatives within the Profit and Growth plan are fully quantified; provides quantification where none exists.
- May interface with the Strategic Data and Analytics department and the data science lab to ensure their efforts are aligned with our business needs.
- Proactively identifies and continually incorporates innovative analytical approaches within the Business Performance domain. Communicates (both verbally and in writing) findings to LOB leadership and divisional business partners with recommendations for actions. Quantifies initiatives on behalf of the division for inclusion within the Profit and Growth Planning process.
- Prepares divisional business reviews for use by senior leadership in monitoring and speaking to business results; includes the comprehensive analysis accompanying the review noting drivers of the results and associated corrective actions required.
- Leads the more complex development of methods for evaluating lines of business and report on the drivers of deviations from plan.
- Conducts advanced levels of statistical analysis, predictive modeling, etc. in the research of the composition of customer, policy, rating, and other attributes in order to understand the profiles of our book of business. Provides insightful and meaningful commentary related to business results allowing LOB leadership to take action.
- Conducts high-level business analysis to support and drive business decisions using statistical modeling and other business analysis tools.
- Develops financial competitive information especially as it relates to operational information. This analysis compares industry information such as premium growth, market share, operating results, financial strength, asset and liability distribution, and operational benchmarks.
- Leads the division`s involvement in financial and operational benchmarking studies. Analyzes the resulting benchmarking reports to determine what the most-informative and actionable measures would be. Works with management to communicate results to the appropriate stakeholders.