UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN–MADISON | FACILITIES MANAGER
Department of Integrative Biology
JOB NO: 234602-AS
WORK TYPE: Full time 100%, Staff ongoing/renewable
LOCATION: Madison, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Facilities Manager position is responsible for the security, custodial, grounds, recycling, repairs, maintenance, and utility services of the facilities to ensure they meet the needs of the university and its employees. The Department of Integrative Biology is housed in two separate biological research facilities and a general teaching and administration facility at UW-Madison (approximately 150,000 sq. ft total). This position directly supervises the part-time Instrument Maker.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: High School diploma or equivalent required
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: Work experience should demonstrate dependability, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Candidates must be effective at building interpersonal relationships with constructive interactions, be clear and effective communicators, promote and create collegial environments that value accountability.
- Experience managing and coordinating building facilities
- Experience using Adobe and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience managing equipment inventory
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC systems and materials used in building construction
- Experience maintaining electronic and paper files
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
WORK UNIT INFORMATION: The Department of Integrative Biology consists of 67 faculty and staff members, as well as a large number of employees in training, graduate, and undergraduate employees. The department has 1,300+ undergraduate majors in Biology (L&S), Molecular and Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Zoology, teaches thousands of students in our introductory biology courses, and has top ranked graduate programs in the areas of Zoology and Freshwater & Marine Science. Our Zoological Museum houses a collection of over 500,000 vertebrates and provides support for teaching and research activities. Additional department information can be found at https://integrativebiology.wisc.edu/. The Department of Integrative Biology has a strong commitment to fostering a welcoming community where students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities can thrive. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
SALARY: Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months). Depending on Qualifications.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Visit https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/509265/facilities-manager and click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: June 18, 2021 at 11:55 pm (CST)
FOR QUESTIONS ON THE POSITION, CONTACT:
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
UW-MADISON STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY: Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals. The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world. or more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit https://diversity.wisc.edu/
- The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) Project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
- Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
- The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.