Information Technology · Madison, Wisconsin
The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) is a nonprofit organization that provides high-quality assessment products, services, and research for the benefit and protection of the public and the legal profession. We assist state courts and licensing authorities with fulfilling their responsibility to determine minimal competence for entry to the legal profession.
Diversity, fairness, and inclusion are central to NCBE’s mission and to our vision for a competent, ethical, and diverse legal profession. NCBE provides an inclusive and family-friendly environment, flexible schedules, remote work options, and competitive salary and benefits. NCBE’s headquarters is located in Madison, Wisconsin, a vibrant community with excellent municipal services and educational opportunities.
The Database Administrator is primarily responsible for the health, maintenance, backup and security of the various databases employed by NCBE, and supporting developers with database expertise regarding data architecture, SQL construction, application/database integration, and creation of test environments. These databases (Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server) reside physically in the facility and in the cloud.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, test, maintain and document changes to databases, both internal and public facing.
- Assist developers and others in the department with database related needs.
- Perform customer support for applications as needed.
- Monitor health and security of the databases.
- Develop and maintain queries and complex reports as needed.
- Develop, debug and maintain procedures, functions and other DDL as needed.
- Develop ETL code and plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience required:
- 4+ years of experience working on progressively more complex systems.
- PL/SQL, Transact SQL, SQL 92 or other database language required.
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with Agile development principles.
- Strong work ethic, professional, organized, and flexible; able to work independently to solve issues through self-directed research and troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb around and under a desk to install or connect computer/network/monitor cables, etc.
- Must be able to rack or assist in racking servers up to 6 ft. off the floor with aid of step stool/ladder.
- Design and development of database functions, procedures and packages.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Report.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience with modern systems development model.
The Database Administrator may work remotely.
NCBE promotes fairness, integrity, and best practices in admission to the legal profession for the benefit and protection of the public. We serve admission authorities, courts, the legal education community, and candidates by providing high-quality
- assessment products, services, and research;
- character investigations; and
- informational and educational resources and programs.
NCBE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity organization. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please note that applicants may be contacted via email throughout the hiring process. We suggest that you add BambooHR (@bamboohr.com and @app.bamboohr.com) to your Approved/Safe Sender list so that email notifications are delivered to your inbox and not marked as spam.