Coordinate the Outreach Team's activities to increase the WI Cancer Council's impact on reducing the burden of cancer in Wisconsin (45%)
- Work with the Program Director to determine approaches to outreach activities, while soliciting and incorporating feedback from the entire WI CCC Program Team and WI Cancer Council membership, as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Program Director to establish and employ systems to guide the Outreach Team's work to:
- Strengthen the WI Cancer Council, including recruitment, orientation, and engagement of members.
- Solicit feedback from WI Cancer Council members on the development of the WI CCC Plan 2020-2030 and support members in its implementation.
- Serve as content experts to keep WI Cancer Council members informed on emerging cancer control issues and building their capacity to address them.
- Participate in evaluation activities as part of the Program's evaluation plan.
- Solicit expertise from Policy Coordinator, Communication Specialist, and Program Specialist to incorporate policy, communication, and events into outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with external data and evaluation consultants, and the Program Director, to ensure outreach activities are data-driven and included in a comprehensive evaluation plan.
Serve as an Outreach Specialist on the Outreach Team (45%):
- Strengthen the WI Cancer Council through partnership building and general outreach
- Establish and strengthen relationships with new and existing WI Cancer Council members to understand their work and identify areas in which their work aligns with the WI CCC Plan.
- Identify stakeholders that are not represented in the WI Cancer Council by various characteristics to determine opportunities for membership recruitment.
- Recruit missing stakeholders to the WI Cancer Council to maintain a membership reflective of the state.
- Orient new members to the WI Cancer Council, highlighting opportunities to be involved, ways to best utilize the benefits of joining, and suggestions on how to take action.
- Attend and present at WI Cancer Council committee and workgroup meetings.
- Work with the Program Specialist and WI CCC Program Team to help plan WI Cancer Council meetings, including Regional Meetings, Annual Summit, and other miscellaneous gatherings of members.
- Participate and support WI CCC Plan development and implementation activities
- Support the development of the WI CCC Plan 2020-2030 by engaging WI Cancer Council members to provide input on strategies, action steps, and measures to include
- Synthesize input from WI Cancer Council members and provide recommendations to internal team on what to include in the WI CCC Plan 2020-2030
- Support the implementation of the WI CCC Plan 2020-2030 by engaging WI Cancer Council members to identify high need areas to determine action plans.
- Synthesize input from WI Cancer Council members to recommend opportunities to the internal team and Steering Committee to develop realistic and achievable action plans for WI CCC Plan 2020-2030 implementation.
- Serve as a cancer control content expert and provide technical assistance to WI Cancer Council members
- Serve as a content expert in various areas of the cancer care continuum
- Stay informed of changing research and evidence regarding cancer control and prevention
- Inform WI Cancer Council members of the emerging trends in cancer control through one-on-one communication, presentations, webinars, fact sheets, and other communication material.
- Collaborate with Communications Specialist to create communication material and content to keep WI Cancer Council members informed on the latest cancer control news and information
- Identify opportunities to incorporate the growing cancer control evidence into practice within WI Cancer Council member organizations
- Collaboratively, with internal team members and WI Cancer Council members, create tools and resources to help WI Cancer Council members enhance their existing work based on changing evidence
- Work with WI Cancer Council members to encourage and support their participation in the action plans.
- Participate in evaluation activities with the Outreach Team, WI CCC Program Team, external evaluator, and WI Cancer Council members
- Determine opportunities to measure the usefulness and utilization of tools and resources provided to WI Cancer Council members
- Provide recommendations and carryout ideas to improve usefulness and utilization of tools and resources provided to WI Cancer Council members
- Participate in reporting processes to identify progress and opportunities for improvement
Other WI CCC Program related duties (10%)
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to carry out the work of the Outreach Team
- Represent the WI CCC Program at local, state and national cancer related conferences, trainings, and meetings